ConstantContact’s SinglePlatform division has released the results of a new survey of small businesses. The insights offered by the survey are extremely interesting. They have found that almost half (49%) say they they have never updated any of their online listings. This means that almost half of online businesses don’t even know if their listings on third party websites such as Google, Yahoo, Yelp, Bing and the online Yellow Pages are accurate, or for that matter, even exist!
Some more stats from the survey:
- Recent industry data shows that 2/3 of consumers use local search weekly and even more importantly, 70% of mobile searches lead to action within 1 hour.
- 85% of small businesses believe it is important to be seen on major search sites like Google, Yahoo, TripAdvisor, Yelp and Yellow Pages
- 78% of small businesses believe new customers find them through search engines
- Only 23% of small businesses have a good sense of how listings drive traffic to their business
- 49 % of small businesses have never updated their online listings
- 50% of small businesses have seen listings for their business that are not accurate
- 70% of small businesses say they don’t have the time to manage listings on all of the sites that consumers use
- 84% of small businesses believe that having a website that can easily be viewed on a mobile device is important to their business
- Only 25% of small businesses know how to create a mobile optimized web site
So what can you do? Contact Net101, we can help you make sure your listings are all up to date and we can create a mobile optimized version of your website all for a lot less money than you might think.
Give Marc Harris a call at 707-479-2470 or email him at firstname.lastname@example.org